Copyright PolicyCopyright for articles published in Theory of Computing is retained by the authors. By submitting a paper to Theory of Computing, the authors agree that if the paper is accepted for publication by Theory of Computing, the published article will be subject to the Agreement stated below. The Agreement stipulates licensing under a Creative Commons Attribution License and, in addition, governs corrections and republication. The Creative Commons Attribution License grants general rights to store, publish, distribute, access, and make commercial use of the article, so long as the original authors and source (Theory of Computing) are properly cited and the copyright notice is retained.
- This is an agreement between Theory of Computing (the "Journal"), and the copyright owner, or co-owner, (the "Owner") of a paper (the "Work") submitted to be published in the Journal.
- The Owner warrants that s/he has the full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant the rights granted in this Agreement and in the Creative Commons license hereunder. The Owner further warrants that all authors have been advised and have consented to the terms of this agreement and the Owner acts as duly authorized agent of the other authors.
- The Owner agrees, if the Work is accepted for publication in the Journal, to have it covered by a Creative Commons Attribution License.
- The Owner agrees that no new version of the article, once it is published in the Journal, will be submitted to the Computing Research Repository without the agreement of the Journal. The Owner agrees to handle all changes or corrections via the assigned editor of their article in the Journal.
- The Owner agrees that further publication of the Work, with the same or substantially the same content as appears in the Journal, will include an acknowledgment of prior publication in the Journal.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of the United States of America.
Last updated June 20, 2009.